Thursday, August 16, 2007

Saigon Chronicles Day 3 (installment)

Day-3 was supposed to be a free day (no itinerary) but some of us decided to hire the guides and bring us to Chu Chi Tunnels. On the way I managed to catch some more bikers on the streets:

1 - Ice Delivery. Can you imagine drinking your juice its ice rubbed against the guy's dick? or butt?
2 - You'll Be Safe Here. Kid in standing pose!
3 - Off To School. Looks cute, but I wonder if these kids are insured. Even if, I don't think its worth the risk. My colleagues witnessed a taxi-hit-motorbiker the next day. Imagine if they were these mother-daughter who flung in front of them.
4 - Chu Chi Tunnel. The Vietnamese have claimed to be the only victors in a war against the Americans. The 5km network of subterranean tunnels is one big reason they claim to have helped them.
5 - Tutik Was Here!
6 - An Arms Dealer?
7 - USD$1 Per Round. Wanna pop caps on one of these machine guns or AK-47's? How does it sounds? ...to me its like 1dollar-2dollar-3dollar-4dollar....geez my drumming is no match to these earcrackers (you really need earmuffs when firing these).
8 - I wonder how many Viets had gone under its mercy?
9 - ...plenty of lives lost for no reason. Some Viets bear no grudge to the Americans, they felt they were just victims of war. For some, they only fought the Americans because they just wanted peace in their land.
10 - Notre Dame Cathedral. One of the landmarks the French has built in Saigon. I was late for the afternoon service so they didn't allow me to enter midway during the service.
11 - ...was behind the grilles when i shot this. 12 - Posies. Pirated paintings, anyone???
(to be continued)

No comments: